Queensland Rail invites Expressions of Interest for the Mayne Diesel Locomotive Provisioning (DLP) Shed Relocation project.
This sourcing event will occur in two stages:
- Respondents are to submit a response to select criteria for the Expression of Interest. The responses will be assessed to develop a shortlist of a maximum of three (3) Tenderers.
- The shortlisted Tenderers will submit an offer to complete the works, which will include a detailed methodology, program and pricing.
Respondents who would like to download all documents and are interested in submitting a response, please follow the below instructions:
- Tenderers are to email the nominated Contact Officer (email@example.com) to register to access the documents and online response form in the SAP Ariba eSourcing system. The documents, including a draft statement of works are available for download.
- If the Tenderer elects to submit a response, they must do so by using Queensland Rail's online sourcing tool (SAP Ariba eSourcing System).
- Respondents are encouraged to carefully read all documentation available for downloaded in the SAP Ariba eSourcing System.
Queensland Rail will only accept responses submitted via the SP Ariba eSourcing System.
For this sourcing event, Queensland Rail will provide an overview of the project for information only onto QTenders for all QTenders registered companies to review. The Respondent will need to determine if they would like to proceed to access the Expression of Interest in the SAP Ariba eSourcing System. Queensland Rail will provide access to this sourcing event in the SAP Ariba eSourcing System when the documents are available to download from Monday 22 July 2019.
|Expression of Interest release
||30 July 2019
|Expression of Interest Closing Date
||16 August 2019
||30 August 2019
|Request for Tender
The proposed new track alignment for Cross River Rail will resume an area of Mayne East Yard where the DLP shed is located. The DLP shed will be relocated to the Traveltrain Rollingstock Maintenance (TRM) shed (Road 29D) at Mayne Yard. Key assets from the DLP shed will require relocation to the TRM shed to continue provisioning of diesel locomotives. The scope of the project includes:
- relocation of the existing sanding tank, oil, fuel and sanding dispensing equipment, and office facilities;
- supply and installation of new fuel and oil tanks
- design of the revised electrical, fire and mechanical services layouts
- construction of the electrical, fire and mechanical services
- relocation of any salvageable assets not required at the new location to a suitable area for storage.
A draft statement of works is included with the Expression of Interest documents, available for download from the SAP Ariba eSourcing System. Please register with the Contact Officer to access the documents.
Contractor Safety and Environment Prequalification
Contractors who will be engaged to perform works and/or services on Queensland Rail owned or leased property that are categorised at Category 1, 2 or 3 will need to successfully complete Safety and Environment Prequalification.
Based on the Works to be undertaken, the Safety and Environment Pre-qualification categorisation that will apply for the Mayne DLP Shed Relocation is Category 2. Contractors that have prequalified for categories 1 or 2 will meet the Safety and Environment Prequalification criteria for this project.
If the Respondent is not prequalified, they are to complete and submit the Safety and Environment Prequalification questionnaire for either:
- category 2 contractors, which is for field-based work performed by a contractor working under their own safety and environment plan. Queensland Rail has ongoing duties under rail safety and electrical entity elements for the Queensland Rail Safety Environment Management System (SEMS). Contractors that are entered on the Category 2 Register will prequalify for works that fall under category 3 as well.
- category 1 contractors, which is for contractors Queensland Rail appoints as Principal Contractors. Contractors that are entered on the Category 1 Register will prequalify for works that fall under categories 2 and 3 as well.
The validity of the prequalification is two (2) years and may be extended under certain conditions.
The submission of the questionnaire to Queensland Rail does not prequalify a respondent. Safety and Environment Prequalification involves a desktop level assessment of respondent’s safety and environment processes to meet Queensland Rail minimum expectations. Only respondents that are assessed to have met the requirements of the Safety and Environment Prequalification will prequalify.
The Respondent is to submit their questionnaire and supporting documents by close of business 2 August 2019 for Queensland Rail to complete their assessment prior to the closing date and time of the tender. The completed questionnaire and supporting information is to be sent to CSMProgram@QR.COM.AU with the subject line to include the reference number and name of this event (QRP-19-68 Mayne DLP Shed Relocation).
Further information, including the questionnaire, is available on the Contracting to Queensland Rail website: https://www.queenslandrail.com.au/forbusiness/contractors.