The Department of Environment and Science (Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service & Partnerships (QPWS&P)) is seeking quotes for the David Fleay Wildlife Park Crocodile Enclosure Upgrade.
QPWS&P is looking to engage a suitably qualified fencing contractor to carry out a design and construct contract to upgrade the fencing and gates for the Crocodile Enclosure at David Fleay Wildlife Park. The full design, documentation, construction and fit out is to:
- meet industry standards and provide a safe, functional enclosure for large estuarine crocodiles
- enhance the safety of staff
- optimise visitor viewing experience
- improve operational requirements
- minimise maintenance requirements
- be reflective of the Park’s natural environment and design character.
Due to wildlife management the critical infrastructure project must be completed no later than 28 March 2021.
Note: The Park must remain open to the public during this construction work and that the rangers will manage the safe handling and relocating of the crocodile within the enclosure area during construction.
For detailed information, please refer to the Request for Quote documents.