Queensland Rail is seeking to engage a Contractor to provide specialised Rail Grinding Services.
Queensland Rail manages over 6,500 km of track within its rail network including turnouts and requires ongoing rail grinding services to restore the rail profile on its network, remove irregularities from worn track, improve the ride comfort for our customers, reduce rail squeal for residents living close to our track infrastructure and ultimately extend the life of existing rail assets within our regional and metropolitan rail network.
The Queensland Rail Network comprises of the following regions:
- South East Queensland (SEQ)
- North Coast Line NCL (North) - Cairns-Rockhampton
- North Coast Line NCL (South) - Parana - Tamaree
- GNR – Townsville to Mt Isa
- West Moreton System – Toowoomba to Columboola
The successful Contractor will be required to:
- Hold accreditation as a rail transport operator as defined in the Rail Safety National Law (Queensland) Act 2017 (Qld);
- Meet Queensland Rail's operational interface requirements (including a completed operating plan, certified load tables and configuration certificates etc.);
- Negotiate an Access Agreement with Queensland Rail to traverse the network and attend work sites;
- Have access to sufficient facilities (including provisioning, maintenance, and storage facilities) to enable it to run train services and meet work requirements.
- Have relevant Safety and Environment Pre-qualification to category 1.
Ariba Sourcing, Queensland Rail's tendering system, is the only tool that will be used for the receipt of tender submissions. Queensland Rail will not accept any hardcopy responses or responses bvia the Queensland Government QTender website.
Please download the attached Preamble, Ariba supplier's Guide v1.1 and Conditions of tender for further information on accessing the tender documents.
You can onle recieve the tender documents by emailing the relevant information required to: