The State of Queensland represented by the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy acting through Arts Queensland (the Principal) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from suitably resourced, licensed and experienced operators to provide Café and Bar Operations in both of its’ arts venue sites:
- Judith Wright Arts Centre (JWAC), 420 Brunswick Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006; and
- Bulmba-ja, 96 Abbott Street, CAIRNS QLD 4870
The objective from this Stage 1 – EOI process will be for Arts Queensland to shortlist suitable offer(s) for the Stage 2 – invitation only process as outlined in the documents.
The opportunity: Are you a café operator, or a pop-up food cart considering growing your business in an arts venue?
First two (2) years are RENT FREE, as an incentive to help get you kick-started!
We encourage your consideration of this business opportunity – to operate a café with light food options, including provision of event based bar services, in one or across both venues.
Along with the opportunity to trade independently, the café operator will benefit from the ability to provide services to ticketed events, shows, exhibitions, functions and catered events booked at each centre throughout the year.
IMPORTANT: Site inspection / Guided venue tour dates:
'New' Site Inspection Registration close date and time - 5.00pm Monday, 12 July 2021 (IMPORTANT: Download and refer details on ADDENDUM 2).
JWAC, 420 Brunswick Street, FORTITUDE VALLEY – Wednesday, 14 July 2021 @ 10.30am (sharp)
Bulmba-ja, 96 Abbott Street, CAIRNS – Thursday, 15 July 2021 @ 10.30am (sharp)
Note: Above are the only dates site inspection / venue tours will be held. Please register to attend with the 'leasing' contact stated in the EOI and ADDENDUM 2 and the time will be confirmed. That contact is for this purpose only and should NOT receive any other enquiries.
Eligibility requirements and evaluation criteria – please ensure you download the documents, review thoroughly and query with the contact officer or email any specific clarification questions to the contact officer by EOI Final clarification date specified in the timetable.
EOI download and submission – download EOI documents (Section 3 below), then any updates will be forwarded to person via a QTenders alert email notification. Ensure that email is monitored. Submission will be via the button below, therefore ensure you allow adequate time on closing date (as the system strictly closes at 2pm Queensland AEST - without daylight saving).
Are you a first time user of QTenders?
- Click ‘Download Now’ button (section 3) – if you do not have a username/password, select ‘Register as a Supplier’;
- It is recommended you first determine if your business is already registered with QTenders – to do this refer 'Is my Business already Registered?' and call the QTenders System Support (details that section). Advise your supplier name, address, ABN and they will confirm if any other contacts have already registered:
- if so, they will establish you under a 'Business group’ – see details under 'More than one Team member?';
- if not, then you will need to complete a 'New registration' (QTenders System Support can also assist any enquiries) – in this instance, read remainder of instructions down that page and have organisation details ready prior to proceeding;
- Registration Hint: only select the 'Products/Services' group you wish to receive ‘new’ tender alerts for;
- Registration page resource: select ‘Detailed help’ button (for further info pop-up);
- Supplier resources: on QTenders Home under 'Not Registered?' is a full supplier 'User Guide' to download, with 'Frequently Asked Questions' listing handy hints; and
- Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome are the most compatible browsers.
For detailed information on the EOI requirements, refer documents in Section 3 below.
EOI submissions as outlined in the documents with close electronically via QTenders at the link provided in section 4 below.
More about tendering here